Monday, May 9, 2011

boogers, jorts and Maira Kalman

Today was a teacher in-service day at the pre-school where I work. This means that I spent most of the day disinfecting/ scrubbing dried boogers off of things. (I know... dream job. DREAM JOB!!) To distract me from the grossness I listened Mandolin Orange, a band that my brother introduced me to this weekend:



WHOA! RIGHT?!??! I do love a good boy/girl bluegrass band! PLUS the weather was pretty great today... so that means... I AM WEARING JORTS (for those of you who don't know, jorts are jean shorts.) I have this very WONDERFUL (awful) pair of gray jorts that I made last summer out of a very expensive pair of JCrew jeans (good choices.) These particular jorts are the most comfortable/ unflattering piece of clothing I own and I am VERY excited to start wearing them EVERYDAY now that I don't have to worry about frostbite.

I have to cut this blog kind of short because I'm now heading to rehearsal for a new performance I am creating with my theatre company, Genesis Ensemble. This particular piece is inspired by Maira Kalman's book The Principles of Uncertainty. Here are my recommendations to you: 1. go get yourself a six pack of Bell's Oberon (yay! it's back in season) 2. while you're out stop by your local bookstore and pick up a copy of Kalman's book (you'll want to own it...trust me) 3. watch Kalman talk about her book here:

No comments:

Post a Comment