Thursday, January 6, 2011

so this is the new year...

2010. Done and DONE.

2011, its really good to see you. You are shiny and new and I love you already.

In my last post I talked a lot about starting Alison Gopnik's book The Philosophical Baby. I have to be honest, I haven't really read any of it since then. WOOPS!

I got distracted with my project to re-read all the Harry Potter books (am now working my way through Book Four of the series.) I'm having a great time picking up on things I missed the first go round, giggling about the silly situations that I'd forgotten and simply getting swept up in the magic of it all.

My reading time has also taken a bit of a back seat to a new hobby: sewing. When I was visiting with my parents for Christmas my mom taught me how to use her sewing machine and how to hand quilt. I made four pillows and am currently working on my first lap quilt called, "grandma's flower garden." Pictures coming soon!


The New Year is a time when most people make resolutions.
Instead of resolutions I'm making a to do list (in no particular order):

1. Read DOUBLE the number of books I read in 2010. (I read 23 books-- so in 2011 I will read 46!!)
2. Buy a dining room table (so that I have a place to put a sewing machine!)
3. Finish two quilts.
4. Run a half marathon.
5. THIS IS THE YEAR I WILL READ INFINITE JEST!
6. Bike with Caitlin to Milwaukee for a weekend.
7. Start the process to getting my Montessori certification!!!!!!
8. Visit my big brother in the mountains and his lovely wife-to-be.
9. Go camping!!
10. Set a new PR in the Proud to Run 10K.
11. Lose 20lbs. (YIKES!!!)

Every time I cross one of these things of my 2011 to do list I'll be sure to let you know. Perhaps I'll even have a celebration of sorts. WHO KNOWS! The year is filled with possibilities!

Enjoy this beautiful song by my favorite musician, Jill Andrews (best served with a Founders Imperial Stout:)

No comments:

Post a Comment