Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Delicious Weekend...

This year for Christmas Caitlin bought us a cooking class at the Chopping Block in Lincoln Square. The title of the class was, "Eat, Drink and be Merry." (She knows me SO WELL)



Our menu:
Sausage and Herbed Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Sauteed Beef Tenderloin with Herb Butter
Broccoli and Cauliflower Gratin
and Pumpkin Donuts with Cinnamon Suger
(and of course... two glasses of wine or beer per student!)

We had a WONDERFUL time and are already setting our sights on the next class to take!

As far as books go- the Harry Potter quest is going well,The Philosophical Baby has come back OFF the book shelf and into my messenger bag and (speaking of food) Portia De Rossi's new memoir Unbearable Lightness is currently decorating my bedside table.

I'm not usually very good at juggling more than one literary project at a time... so we'll see how this turns out.

Here is Portia talking about her book on Ellen (I have to admit... this made me cry):

No comments:

Post a Comment