Sunday, January 19, 2014

BRAINSSSS...

One of my biggest mistakes as a college student was not taking a psychology course.  At the time I was really twitterpated with Comparative Religion (I couldn't pick a focus between Jewish Studies, Early Christianity, or Eastern Religion) and Post Modern Literature classes, and I spent all my extra credits there.   People are fascinating.  Brains are fascinating.  In the last couple of years I've read a little bit on Child Psychology and Early Childhood brain development, and I just can't get enough. 

My father is the same way.  What can I say, I am my father's daughter.

This year for Christmas I got him a book by Psychologist Daniel Kahneman called, Thinking Fast and Slow.  Yesterday, I picked up a copy for myself and started reading.  I can't really recommend this book yet (since I just started reading it), but I am excited to learn more about (zombie voice) BRAINZ.  I will update you on my opinion (as well as my DAD's!) as soon as I have one. 

Also this weekend I went to a new bar in Logan Square called "The Distillery."  We had a great time even though they did not serve beer.  Re: Distillery.  I did however enjoy SEVERAL grapefruit vodka cocktails called, "Pomela Spritz."  Highly Recommended.  The hangover I experienced the next day, Not Recommended. 

In other BIG NEWS I found a one bedroom apartment in Andersonville that I will be moving into in February!  I am so excited to get back to cooking soups, having dinner parties, binge reading books that I purchased from Women and Children First bookstore (just down the street!), and walking around the house topless! 

2014.  The year of protecting hearts and building empires.

Here is a throwback song from Mates of State (2008) that I fell in love with all over again last weekend. You will too. 
"Everything is going to get lighter, even if it never gets better."

No comments:

Post a Comment