Friday, December 3, 2010

welp... things got cray cray

Ok. So. Last summer I started this blog to chroncile my quest to read 25 books in three months.

Alas. Life got in the way. I directed a beautiful show about love with my wonderful theatre company called Genesis Ensemble (check us out), and that took up pretty much ALL of my time and energy. I MEAN ALL MY TIME AND ENERGY!!!!!!!!

Now, as we make our way into December of 2010, a time when people start crafting the age old "new years resolution", I intend to reinstate this crazy blog. Maybe I wont be reading 25 books in three months (I am back to workin' my day job with the little ones a the pre-school,) but I WILL be reading a lot, drinking delicious brews and riding my bike all over this beautiful city.

For instance, I am currently in the thick of it with Annie Proulx's Pulitzer Prize winning novel, The Shipping News. A hilarious and moving account of an American family transplanted to Newfoundland, The Shipping News is quickly becoming one of my favorite reads of 2010. I am savoring every chapter of this book and although I am excited to see where this story takes me, I DO NOT WANT IT TO END.

Many thanks to my Aunt Mary who gave this book to my mom and to my mom for not noticing when I stole it from her book shelf last Thanksgiving!!!

And now enjoy this music video (served best with a Magic Hat Winter Howl):

No comments:

Post a Comment